Stuffed Pasta Shells
stuffed pasta shells
clouds of cream cheese stuffed in pasta shells
- 8 oz jumbo shells
- 10 oz pack of spinach, steamed, drained and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2.5 tubs of your choice of Spero cream cheese (Original, Herb, Goat, or Smoked)
- 1 teaspoon each of dried basil, oregano and parsley
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 24 oz jar of tomato sauce
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente per instructions on the box. Rinse with cold water and set aside while you make the filling.
- In a medium bowl, stir together spinach, garlic, olive oil, Spero cream cheese and seasoning.
- Spread 1/2 of the tomato sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Spoon filling into the shells (or use a piping bag if you have one!) and place in the casserole dish. Pour the rest of the tomato sauce over the stuffed shells and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with basil and serve.