sweet, creamy, delectable little mousse cups layered with fresh berries.
prep time: 30 minutes. serves 2.
- 14 oz can of coconut cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tub Spero Cinnamon cream cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberries (diced)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 kiwi (diced, optional)
- 1/4 cup mango pulp (optional topping, or substitute your favorite fruit)
- In a high speed blender, combine oat milk, flax seed, chia seed, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Process until smooth. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Heat a greased griddle over medium heat. Dip bread into oat milk batter to coat both sides, allowing excess to drip away. Transfer bread to hot pan. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until golden. Work in batches to avoid overcrowding.In a small bowl, blend one tub of Spero Cinnamon cream cheese with hand mixer to make it extra creamy.
- In a large bowl, add coconut cream. Save the liquid part for later use. Using hand mixer, blend coconut cream until frothy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the coconut cream and blend it again, add 2 teaspoons of liquid saved from coconut cream can.
- Now the coconut cream is frothy and creamy in consistency.
- Using a silicone spatula, fold in the softened Spero cinnamon cream cheese to the coconut cream mixture little at a time. Mix it gently to maintain a creamy & frothy texture.
- Once fully combined, let the mousse sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a glass cup, layer the cream cheese mousse until halfway full. Then add 2 teaspoons each of diced strawberries and blueberries, and fill the glass with a second layer of cream cheese mousse.
- Top with a tablespoon of mango pulp, strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi. Serve chilled.
*NOTE: You may choose to reduce the amount of sugar added, since Spero cinnamon cream cheese is already sweetened with agave.