Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
goat cheese stuffed mushrooms
The most delectable little mushroom bites. Of your LIFE. Truly.
- 4 Tablespoons of Spero Goat Cheese
- 8 oz Champion Mushrooms
- 1 Teaspoon Canola Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Herbs (garnish)
- 3-4 Tablespoons Water
- Prepare the champion mushrooms. Using your thumbs, press out the stem of the mushroom to make a fillable center. Add a small amount of oil to the bottom and sides of the mushrooms.
- With open side up, place in 400F oven for 10 minutes. The mushrooms should only get a little soft and toasted.
- Mince the onion and garlic. Sauté in pan with oil, until soft. Add pepper to taste (wait to add salt until very end). Turn off stove.
- Add the Spero Goat Cheese to the sautéed onion and garlic. Add water and blend all ingredients well with a fork or whisk. If mixture is too firm, add small amounts of water until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste test your filling! As cheese already contains salt, it is good to sample prior to adding the personally desired salt quantity. Add desired salt and blend ingredients well.
- Using a spoon, fill the mushrooms with the filling.
- Sprinkle tops with smoked paprika or dried or fresh herbs.